Administrator & Communications Facilitator
Knowle Parish Church is seeking a candidate for a part-time role
- To work 20 hours a week in the Parish Office, 1717 High Street, Knowle, Solihull B93 0LN
- Managed by and accountable to the Operations Manager
- Preferred start date: 30 November 2020
- Salary range: £9,066 – £10,666 p.a. for 20 hours a week [Full-time equivalent (37.5 hours) £17,000 – £20,000]
- Pension contributions, 25 Days annual leave (plus 8 national Holidays)
Use this application form. The completed form, with an accompanying email – indicating why you are applying for the job – should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Job Application’ in the subject line.
Knowle Parish Church (KPC) is a large, vibrant and forward-looking Anglican church led by our Vicar Geoff Lanham. We are passionate about sharing the good news and love of Jesus Christ with the community and developing our ministry and mission. Following a significant review, we have created a new position of ‘Administrator & Communications Facilitator’ and are excited about the potential this will provide. This role will involve helping with the daily operations of church life as well as creating materials for use in the church and to advertise specific events to the wider community. The person appointed will work within an Operations Team consisting of an Administrator, the ‘Facilities and Systems Manager’ and headed by the ‘Operations Manager’.
During the week we offer a wide range of activities that support the breadth of ages in our Church family and wider community; including Stepping Stones pre-school, an active and broad children’s and youth work, community café ‘Cobbles’, many mid-week activities and five Sunday services to support a breath of worship; all our work is supported by amazing volunteers. We have a busy office with people popping in and out and are often supporting and managing events at vital stages of people’s lives. Obviously some of these events have been unable to take place or have had to change during the current COVID-19 crisis.
We serve the needs of our congregation through our mid-week Home Groups, Alpha and Christianity Explored courses, training and prayer meetings and many other activities. The office is the central hub of Knowle Parish Church and all that takes place.
We are looking for someone who would like to bring their experience and abilities to our team, to support the whole of our church and community with administrative and communications skills, and be part of the next exciting chapter of Knowle Parish Church.
- To provide a high standard of administration for the mission, ministry and day to day functioning of Knowle Parish Church.
- To prepare and present information in written, electronic, verbal or visual means.
- To support clergy and staff in their respective ministries, helping to communicate with the Church and wider community and identify and develop new opportunities to reach more people.
- Prepare, circulate drafts for approval, print, copy and collate as necessary the required orders of service and newssheets.
- Research, prepare and implement communication plans and publicity materials for specific events such as special services, festivals, concerts and prayer/mission programmes.
- Update and maintain the relevance of the church website and social media profiles.
- Keep the internal and external noticeboards up to date and appealing as means of communication.
- Prepare suitable and readily accessible material about the Gospel, life of the church and support available for those enquiring. Provide specific information for those involved in baptisms, weddings and funerals.
- Maintain a practical and effective means of communicating with church members, clergy and staff; including the church database and diaries.
- Ensure the highest quality and preparedness of the audio visual systems and presentations for services and other events.
- Provide an excellent, caring response to anyone contacting Knowle Parish Church, ensuring that their requirements are dealt with thoroughly and expeditiously, including personal callers, post, email or telephone.
- Help manage and support the requirements of organising baptisms, funerals and weddings and deal with enquiries and bookings; liaising with clergy and Facilities Manager. Liaising with families, groups and other stakeholders involved in these special days.
- As advised, prepare and maintain rotas, including church opening and locking, service prayers and readings and lay assistance.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required by the Operations Manager or clergy.
- A committed Christian with a demonstrable love for God and people*
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, who can adapt style and message to the audience, purpose and method of communication
- Excellent typing and IT skills; used to working with Microsoft office and other database systems; experience of learning and adapting to new systems, processes and software.
- A quick and eager learner who is keen to learn things outside their previous experience
- A creative person with an eye for detail
- An effective team player who is willing to contribute beyond their own responsibilities
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative
This role is a part-time position of 20 hours per week, with a salary of £9,066- £10,666 depending on experience. It is subject to a 6 month probationary period and includes enrolment in KPC pension scheme after 3 months. 25 days holiday, plus 8 statutory bank and public holidays (or time off in lieu).
If you would like to have a conversation about this role, please email email@example.com or contact the office on 01564 779123 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 1.00pm.
Further information about KPC is available on this website.
- Closing date for applications: 5pm, 21 October 2020
- Invitations to interview: 26 October 2020
- Interviews at Knowle Parish Church: 29 October 2020
- Successful applicant notified 30 October 2020
- Start date (preferred): 30 November 2020 (to allow one month’s notice)
*A Genuine Occupational Requirement applies in terms of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003, that the appointee to this post should an evangelical Christian with a firm faith.