What is Christianity Explored?
A series of eight informal sessions that help explain what Christianity is all about and what it means to be a Christian.
Where and when is it happening?
Where: In the upstairs function room at The Red Lion on Knowle High Street
When: On Wednesday evenings between Wednesday 4th October and Wednesday 22nd November (missing out half-term) plus a daytime session on Saturday 18th November.
Each evening runs from 7.45pm (for an 8.00 start) until 9.30pm.
What will happen?
At each session there is a DVD which considers some aspect of the Christian faith and the person behind it all – Jesus Christ.
This is followed by an opportunity for discussion; to ask any questions you may have, or just to listen if that is more your style.
Save me a space! – or – Need to know a bit more?
You can just turn up, but it would really help us to have an idea of numbers, so if you can let us know beforehand, then either text ‘Explore’ to 07714 694000 and we will make contact with you or email email@example.com. You can also text, call or email If you would just like more information to help decide whether to come or bring a friend.
Some good reasons to join the sessions
It helps answer questions
– They may be from friends, children, colleagues at work, or questions you have yourself.
It’s good to think about such questions as:
- Why is the world so full of suffering?
- What makes Christianity different?
- Why do Christians believe Jesus was special?
- Why doesn’t God make it easier to believe?
Others have enjoyed it!
Last autumn about thirty people joined the Christianity Explored sessions. Here are a few of their comments:
- ‘Anyone who has a curious mind about life and Christianity could benefit and be amazed!’
- ‘I chose to join Christianity Explored to help answer the questions my grandchildren bowl at me! It helped a lot, showing me where the evidence is.’
- ‘The course was so good, I‘ve done it twice! Plenty of thought provoking material in a relaxed environment.’
- ‘It helped me understand who Jesus is.’
- ‘Simply fantastic! It was great to get fresh perspectives from the dvd, group leaders and my fellow participants.’
- ‘The worst thing about the course was when it finished.’