- is the local branch of the world wide Mothers Union.
- is active in the life of Knowle Parish Church and support church activities.
- is friendly and caring to its members
- welcomes everyone; member or visitor, man or woman, married, divorced, or single, whether a parent or not
- holds regular meetings with speakers, meets for prayer and for social events
- supports MU charitable work in the UK and developing countries
- offers Lent and Advent Lunches to the community
- supports the community through various activities
Our theme for 2019: “Listen, Observe and Act in step with God”
Events in Knowle this year aim to:
- Support a Local Programme Officer abroad. Their work includes supporting survivors of sexual violence, rehabilitating prisoners and caring for widows and orphans.
- Establish Literacy Programmes and Credit Associations.
- At home will continue to support Away From It All Holidays for families under stress.
BRANCH MEETINGS 2019
JANUARY 10 Branch AGM and service 1.45pm in Church, followed by tea and subs collection in the Guild House.Roger and Liney Kennedy will be speaking about their time working with orphans in Tanzania.
FEBRUARY 14 Gillian McGuinness – St Valentine’s Day Flowers for everyone to enjoy.
A demonstration by a member from the Church Flower Guild and Dorridge Flower Club.
MARCH 14 Richard Bacon – Christians Against Poverty Debt Coach and Lay Reader in Wellesbourne.
APRIL 11 Sarah Covington – Children’s Minister at KPC will tell us about her experience of running a Holiday Club for children in St. George, Maple Ridge Canada. (David Edgerton’s Church)
MAY 9 Angela Cloke – Meningitis a life changing experience. A great chance to learn more about this life changing disease.
JUNE 13 Rev Paul Nash – Chaplain to Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
JULY 11 Polesworth Abbey – Coach trip to visit the Abbey have a picnic lunch in the refectory, a service and tea with the local MU Group.
SEPTEMBER 12 Mothers’ Union Listening Observing Acting session led by our Diocesan President Deirdre Moll.
OCTOBER 10 Sally Cox -Fund Raising and Communications Branch leader of Four Oaks MU and former Trustee for the Diocese.
NOVEMBER 14 Glynis Gayton – the history of a family bakery started 100 years ago and the distribution of bread to needy families.
DECEMBER 12 Dramatic Christmas Readings and Carols in the Guild House.
NATIONAL & DIOCESAN EVENTS
FEBRUARY 11 Midday Prayers in Birmingham Cathedral.
FEBRUARY 16 Diocesan Commissioning Service in Birmingham Cathedral 11am.
APRIL 6 Members Meeting at Carrs Lane Centre10.00 for10.30 am start.
MAY 13 Midday Prayers in Birmingham Cathedral.
AUGUST 12 Midday Prayers in Birmingham Cathedral.
SEPTEMBER 17/18 General Meeting at Portsmouth.
OCTOBER 27 Members Meeting at Carrs Lane Centre 10.00 for 10.30 am start.
NOVEMBER 18 Midday Prayers in Birmingham Cathedral.
JANUARY 17 Wave of Prayer 12-2.00pm in the Guild House with bring and share lunch.
MARCH 6 Ash Wednesday Communion.
MARCH 21 Lent Lunch St. John’s Hall, 12-1.30pm. This will be a ploughman’s with homemade soup followed by coffee or tea and a hot cross bun.
MAY 17 Beetle Drive 7-9pm in the Guild House.
JUNE 22 Strawberry Tea 3-5pm at 52 Milverton Road, in Bruce and Margaret Fulford’s garden. Guild House if wet.
AUGUST 8 Summer Tea Party in the Guild House 3-4.30pm.
DECEMBER 5 Advent Lunch in St John’s Hall, 12-1.30pm. This will be a ploughman’s with homemade soup followed by coffee or tea plus a mince pie!
Guild House 2-4pm on 4th Monday of the month.
Love to knit or want to learn, then join us. All ages are very welcome. Wool, patterns and needles available to produce items for the hospitals, shoeboxes or any thing else we may be asked for! Organised by Judy Townsley 01564 774413 and Margaret Pountney 01564 775284
Who can join?
Everyone, man or woman, married, divorced or single, parent or not. Visitors are always welcome to our meetings
To find out more: Locally
Contact secretary Carol Kay email@example.com or phone 07742 234417
Diocese of Birmingham
Visit the MU Birmingham website