Download our latest brochure here.
The pre-school at Knowle Parish Church is in the heart of Knowle. We provide a high standard of early-years development for children in a safe, secure, stimulating and friendly environment.
Our qualified and experienced staff all offer nurturing support and care to the children, and all children have a specific key person who understands both them and the family.
During their time at Stepping Stones, the children experience a wide range of activities where they learn through play. We follow the Statutory Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and, as such, offer activities to help them learn and to develop physically, emotionally and socially. We take pride in the quality of care, learning and development we offer.
Children will experience:
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes
- Individual care and attention made possible by the excellent adult:child ratios
- A key person who will show particular interest in your child and who will be happy to talk to you about how they have settled and how they are developing at Stepping Stones.
- Playing, exploring, growing and enjoying the outdoor garden
- Making, painting, drawing, building, sticking and many more creative activities
- Physical exercise and development through movement, dance, games and play
- Support in social interaction with other children and adults as they develop emotionally and socially
- Singing, talking and role play to support their communication and language development
- Number games, sorting, puzzles and more to support their developing understanding of numbers and shapes
- We pray with the children at the beginning of every session and look at a bible story each term. Some of our songs will include Christian songs and we thoroughly enjoy the children’s Nativity play at Christmas
During their time at Stepping Stones, children will be supported in developing the skills necessary for entry into nursery or infant school. We have strong links with the local schools and work with them to ensure a smooth transition from Stepping Stones to school.
We are registered with Ofsted (registration number EY429354) and were rated as Outstanding in our last inspection in January 2016 – see our Ofsted registration and report.
The pre-school is open to children aged 2 and 3 years old. In 2020/21 we are running two sessions, three days a week during term time:
9.00am – 3.00pm on Mondays and Wednesdays and 9.00am – Midday on Fridays; and
9.15am – 12.15 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Children attending the all-day sessions bring their own packed lunch.
The fees for the academic year 2020/2021 are £17.50 for each morning session and £35.00 for a full-day session. We are currently not running afternoon-only sessions, but when they resume, they will be on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12.30pm – 3.00pm; fees will be £14.70 a session.
Fees are made up of two components, one to cover childcare and the other a service charge to cover the cost of such things as materials, snack and other resources we use. Children will be eligible for nursery vouchers which contribute to the cost of the sessions from the term after they turn 3 years old. We can talk to you about how this works. You can also read more about funding at Solihull Council Early Years and Childcare.
Sue Spencer (Leader)
Debbie McCorry (Deputy)
Rachael Jones (Pre-School Assistant)
Sarah Chapman (Pre-School Assistant)
Debbie Pittaway (Pre-School Assistant)
Julie Lee (Pre-School Assistant)
Abby Fox (Pre-School Assistant)
St John’s Hall, Knowle Parish Church, High Street, Knowle, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 0LN
For further details and to enquire about places please contact Sue Spencer via the Parish Office or on the Stepping Stones number 07749 333056.