- is the local branch of the world wide Mothers Union.
- is active in the life of Knowle Parish Church and support church activities.
- is friendly and caring to its members
- welcomes everyone; member or visitor, man or woman, married, divorced, or single, whether a parent or not
- holds regular meetings with speakers, meets for prayer and for social events
- supports MU charitable work in the UK and developing countries
- offers Lent and Advent Lunches to the community
- supports the community through various activities
APRIL 8 Penny Everness de Marces, Lima, Peru
MAY 13 Ruth Tuckwell, Friends of Vellore (India)
JUNE 10 Ann Hitchiner, Chaplain
JULY 8 Debbie Fawzi, on her life in Beirut
Meetings will start at 2pm and will be online on Zoom for the time being.
CARDS FOR SALE
MU fights poverty and injustice as well as tackling family issues. MU works through 4 million Christian in the UK and also over 83 countries. Their selection of charity cards helps support the valuable work they do so they can keep making a change. The cards are printed on sustainable material using vegetable based inks.
Where do the profits go?
Purchasing products from the Mothers’ Union helps to change lives. 100% of profit goes towards the charity’s work with families across the world. Every penny raised can help make a difference and bring lasting change.
Cards can be bought through your local rep Carol Kay. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This also enables the Mothers Union in the Birmingham Diocese to receive 10% of sales and you get to save postage! (£3.95 otherwise for orders under £60)
I have also developed a Covid friendly stock file which you can browse at your leisure and take cards from which have been individually wrapped. This file will be held for 72 hours before passing on to anyone else. Payment by cash or BACS accepted.
See the full range at: www.mueshop.org/ where full packs of 5 cards are on sale there, but I can supply single cards if I have in stock, at unit price which is usually £1. Just note the code shown and let me know how I can help. Looking forward to hearing from you. Carol Kay
Who can join?
Everyone, man or woman, married, divorced or single, parent or not. Visitors are always welcome to our meetings
To find out more: Locally
Contact secretary Carol Kay email@example.com or phone 07742 234417
View our gallery
Diocese of Birmingham
Visit the MU Birmingham website